Search This Blog

Loading...

Plum (adj.)

plum (adj.) = extremely desirable, rewarding, profitable, prestigious, impressive...

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Recipe Notes: My Sweet Potato Pie



As a kid in the kitchen with my mom I have to say PIE was my favorite meal. Yup I said MEAL. I could and still can eat a whole pie to myself! She always made sure to put away extra pies before company came because everyone was going to eat it all.  

This is the famous recipe of my mom but every year (like she did) I change it up a bit but adding a little bit extra of this and taking away a little of that.  I never seem to write down the revised notes. But this is the foundation of the recipe that I follow every year.  One year I got a little carried away and made 14 pies and I ate them ALL! Yup I sure did with no shame :)

This is the original recipe note is about 18 years old and I am still holding on to it! 

Sweet Potato Pie Time!!!!!!! 

Ingredients:

This can only be made right if you make it out of love :)

- Mixer or Electric Hand Mixer
- 9-10 Small to Medium Potatos
- 1 3/4 Cups of Milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of Vanilla Flavor
- 1 teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of Nutmeg
- 1 stick of Margarine, softened
- 2.5 cups of White Sugar
- 4 pie shells, unbaked

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Peel your sweet potatoes
3. Boil peeled sweet potatoes for about 35-45 mins, check for softness. Run cold water over sweet potatoes when done.
4. Mash potatoes in mixer bowl with a large spoon.
5. Add in margarine and eggs until blended. Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Put the mixer on medium speed until pie mixture is smooth and no lumps.
6. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust. 
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until browned. Use a fork or toothpick to inserted in center of pie  make sure it comes out clean. 
8. Let cool off.  I enjoy my pie nice and warm so it can melt in my mouth. Mmmm Mmmm Good


Now grab your pie and glass of milk and ENJOY!


Don't have time to make one yourself? 
Check out some of my favorite places where you can grab one!

1. Your neighborhood grocery store in the bakery department

1844 W. 95th St Chicago, IL | 773.779.9105


1208 W. Webster Ave. Chicago, IL | 773.244.1174

Have an 'AVentful Day!
~Alicia





No comments:

Post a Comment